Why Is Energy Conservation Important?
It is important because we need to reduce its demand and to protect and replenish supplies. We also need to develop and use alternative energy sources (i.e solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy, etc.) and clean up prior energy damages.
Ways of Energy Conservation
There are a lot of ways to conserve energy:
- Turning the lights off and using daylight.
- Using CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light) bulbs – they last 12 times longer than regular incandescent bulbs.
- Walk more when travelling.
- Switching off lights and appliances when they are not in use.
- Using energy efficient appliances.
- Lowering room temperature.
- Fixing air leaks.
- Installing energy efficient windows.
Impact Of Energy Conservation
We can save ten times more energy by using energy efficiently and renewable resources. We can also increase productivity especially by being less harmful to our environment.